Thursday, July 26, 2012

If you *really* knew me...

Well, I've been in a bit of a blogging slump lately (can't you tell, considering I post the same three days of the week, every week, and two of the three posts that I make are always Monday Confessions and Writer's Block Wednesday?) so when I saw a few of these "If you really knew me" posts on my dashboard I figured I'd give it a go ;)

If you *really* knew me, you'd know...

I'm allergic to penicillin, and yes, it's a pain in the you-know-what. I'm also allergic to most shower gels, bubble baths, and basically any kind of bar soap that has a ton of scent or whatever added to it. All of which also suck.

I lose interest - in hobbies, tasks, and especially relationships - very, very quickly. ADHD is a big cause of this, of course, but I think there are other factors too. Regardless, I can get really into something or someone really fast and spend months obsessing over it/them...but then I'll wake up one day and BAM! the interest is gone and there's really nothing I or anyone else can do about it. At times this is an awesome trait...at other times...well. I'll just leave that there.

I thought I was a dog person when I was younger, though I did love cats as well...and then I raised a puppy on my own while I also had two cats that I'd raised from kittens. So for a while I thought that I was actually a cat person. I mean hey, they're so much easier to take care of! But then, along came Miss Wendy...and now - as much as I love my cats - I'm firmly entrenched in the dog lover category again ;)


I will never understand people who take the same. exact. vacations. every. single. year. Don't get me wrong...I always love a trip to Vegas (duh!) or Orlando (obviously!)...but if I *had* to choose between returning to one of those places and going somewhere I'd never been, I'd choose the latter.

I do not forgive those who have wronged me very easily or quickly. The last time I was able to do so, it took nearly 4 years of removal from the situation, life changes on the part of both myself and the person who hurt me, and what was very obviously true remorse on her part for me to "forgive and forget".

For most of my life, I didn't believe that a person could have a soul mate. I thought it was an archaic and silly idea. While I still don't think that humans are meant to be completely and totally monogamous (I'm sorry, it's just not in our natures), I can't imagine ever truly being with anyone other than Steve. Because yeah, since not quite four years ago we've totally known that we are soul mates...and we probably would have known it sooner if other, err, things, hadn't gotten in the way.

2005. He's always been able to make me crack up like that.
2008. He embraces my piratical side :)
2012. He steals hotel bathrobes with me.

If you include college dorms, I've lived in 5 different states and had 12 different addresses. (Though technically it's more than that because I'm counting the three different apartments I had at Vista Way as one address, and I'm not counting the two times I moved back home with my parents for a couple months here and there. If I did, that 12 would actually be 16!)

I go through phases regarding whether or not I want children...but most often I'm in the "wow, never, I couldn't handle them" mindset.

...though to be honest, this little CC Bear - my sister Christy's 11-month-old daughter - is the best baby ever and sometimes makes me think twice about the no kids thing.

I bruise really, really easily. I'm generally very healthy and no doctor has ever been able to figure out why I get bruises from the lightest bumps or touches.

The first time I ever sang in front of people other than my family was when I was 8. My dad and I sang "Silent Night" as a duet at church (around Christmastime, obviously). It's...one of the better memories I have in regards to our relationship.

I've owned five cars. None of them have been the same color as any of the others (or the same model, though I did have three Chevrolets sandwiched between two Volkswagens). My absolute favorite, and the one I've had the longest, is my current car - a white VW GTI. It's my baby.

 

I would totally be okay with surviving off pizza (GOOD pizza!) and chocolate chip cookies for-eh-vurr.

When I lived by myself my apartment was spotless. Part of this was because it was small. Another part was because I was never home. But mainly it was because I hate leaving stuff lying around and I hate crumbs or puddles on counters, so I'm constantly picking/wiping up after myself. Unfortunately, I not only hate picking or cleaning up after others, I almost always refuse to do it...which means that when I live with others my home is never as clean as I'd like it to be.

I had a lot of fun in college - perhaps too much - but I was also totally obsessed with my GPA. I graduated with a 3.82 overall and something like a 3.98 or 3.99 in my major due to one freaking history class in which I received a B. And yes, that still rankles me.

(PROOF THAT I HAD FUN IN COLLEGE, DAMMIT...and this is only a small sampling of what really happened!)

Drunk snow angels! (I'm on the left)
AST Pledge overnight
Four words: Rocky. Horror. Picture. Show.
Redheads and Cosmos.
Table dancing at a Sigma Nu party with my little
Last college party...White Trash Bash!

Pretty much all I ever drink (unless I'm you know, drinking drinking) is water. I seriously probably drink WELL over 100 ounces of water a day.

And last but not least...I attract redheads. Or I'm drawn to them. Regardless...

Told you. (I had 7 amazing friends at my bachelorette party...and as you can see, 4 of them were natural redheads!)

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Loved all of these fun facts about you!! We have so much in common and you're so self aware and reflective. It's inspiring!

    ReplyDelete