Thursday, July 5, 2012

I've been M.I.A...living my life!

Sooo remember that post I made Saturday night about how badly I wanted to go to a beach?

Well, after several shots of Fireball and a bit of pushing from some friends, I got up Sunday and did just that. Went to the beach, I mean. And then I came home Tuesday night and got up yesterday to pick up my lovely friend Jamie from the airport for her little visit down here. We had one heck of an awesome 4th of July...I honestly can't remember the last time I really celebrated the holiday!

First we had an afternoon at the pool with my family...


Then we headed to downtown Greenville for the city's 4th of July celebrations! First stop, half-price martinis at Smoke on the Water's happy hour and a good rub of Shoeless Joe Jackson's ass!


Then we were on our way to Fluor Field to watch the Drive host the Rome Braves.


They lost - miserably - but then, they're a Red Sox farm team and the Sox have been next to useless this season too :(


We then wandered downtown, sort of experienced some fireworks, and I drank so much beer that I had to switch to water or risk ruining my night with bad decisions or some such nonsense ;)


All in all it was a blast! I hope everyone else had a great 4th as well!
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. What do you mean "risk ruining my might with bad decisions"?!?! You posted a picture of yourself below the "Sweet Caroline's" sign.

    I know how much you looovvveeee that song :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great 4th with the beach and your friend's visit!

    ReplyDelete