Sunday, September 9, 2012

Dragon*Con Part 7: Saturday's Game of Thrones panel!

So it was getting toward the end of Saturday evening, and lo and behold I'd hardly taken any pictures! Therefore, on the way out of the Hyatt to grab coffee and snacks, of course we had to stop for some quick photo opportunities...

Daenerys Targaryen and John Marston...random I know ;)

Awesome Jay and Silent Bob!

We just ran into the little mall next to the Hyatt and stopped at Caribou Coffee. While the iced latte that I ordered was just like every other iced latte I've had at similar establishments, I also had a hot sandwich that was absolutely delicious - some sort of chicken/pesto/cheese combination, and yeah, I was a bit surprised at how good it was! Steve had taken the opportunity to run back to the room (I honestly still don't know or understand why), but it was getting pretty close to the start time for the Game of Thrones: Clash of Kings panel and Matt and I headed over to the Marriott for that, so that he could grab a seat and I could set myself up at the panelist table.

Unfortunately Steve got sidetracked and missed about the first half of the panel :-/ I'd really really wanted to get the entire thing on video but because he didn't show up until after we'd started, and then had to stand in the back, this obviously wasn't possible. Yes, I'm still very, very disappointed about that. But at least I have a few things to share with you! First, some pictures...



I honestly can't express how amazing it was to have been a part of this panel. Not only were the other panelists knowledgeable and friendly, but the room was packed. Seriously, they stuffed extra people along the walls and on the floor wherever they could do so (without breaking fire code, of course), and they were still turning people away. I would say the most difficult part of it all was that the majority of the people in the room appeared to have read the books, and several of them asked questions that were hard to answer without spoiling things for the people in the room who hadn't read the books. But as this was the American Sci-Fi Fantasy Media track, this panel was supposed to be show-focused, and that was that ;)

The most interesting thing about all of the Game of Thrones/Song of Ice & Fire activities at Dragon*Con was that there weren't enough of them, so they were all packed ;) Some friends and I who are working tirelessly toward getting a George R. R. Martin track at Dragon*Con [a.s.a.p.] take that as a good sign... ::fingers crossed::

As I said, I wish I could have gotten a recording of the entire panel because I think it went really, really well. There were some great questions from the audience and we couldn't even get to them all! Unfortunately the room was being used for another activity or panel after ours, though, so as all good things must our panel eventually had to come to an end. I will say that I was lucky to have Matt there to snap the above pictures...and to take this quick video of part of my introduction on the panel! Enjoy, and I'll be back soon with the final Saturday installment of my Dragon*Con blogs :)

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment