Sunday, November 11, 2012

Six Sentence Sunday: NaNoWriMo Edition


In doing random searches of writers' blogs, I came across a sort of meme in which several of them participate[d]. The meme is "Six Sentence Sunday", and it allows you to choose six sentences from your current WIP - any six sentences - and post them in your blog. On Sundays...obviously ;)

So, it being NaNoWriMo, I thought this would be a good way to put out some small samples of what I'm working on. I honestly don't even know how to summarize it, other than to say it's historical fiction taking place mostly in the American West, circa 1910 :)

This first six sentence excerpt is from page three of this as-of-yet untitled WIP. I just took the first six-sentence chunk that actually made some semblance of sense when removed from the whole. ( <-- And would you *look* at all that alliteration right there? haha)

Well, they’d certainly shut him up good. William merely nodded in response, wanting more than anything to buy himself time that he knew they wouldn’t give. Sure enough, naught but a few moments passed before Edward Bradley stepped out of the shadows, arms folded over his chest as he glared menacingly at William. “Well then, what’s your answer? You gonna stay here and rot, or do we have a deal?”
But there was one more thing William had to ask, much as he hated to say the words, hated to admit that this outcome was even possible.

Phew, I never realized how little and yet somehow how much can be said in six sentences. I guess I even left y'all with a bit of a cliffhanger there ;) And hopefully I'll remember to post for Six Sentence Sunday at least the next few weekends, until NaNoWriMo is over...
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment