Sunday, December 30, 2012

Six Sentence Sunday: One last NaNo excerpt!


Well here we are...the last bit I'm going to post from The Way of Reckoning (working title, mind you). At the moment I'm trying to figure out whether I'm going to continue Six Sentence Sundays, or whether I'll find another way - possibly a better way - to share excerpts of my work(s) in progress. It is about to be a new year, after all...so we'll see :)

The only good thing about Mac and John’s conditions was that neither of them insisted on constant conversation that day. It was sometime in the early evening before John said anything at all, and even then it was just a polite insistence that they stop for the night.

“My old bones can’t take this much ridin’ anymore,” he sighed.

“I think your ‘old bones’ woulda done just fine if you’d gotten some sleep last night,” William growled – but he needed John Green’s help, and so he agreed to stop.

Once they’d taken care of the horses and built a small fire, John leaned forward, his elbows on his knees and his chin resting on one closed fist as he stared into the flames. “I think it’s about time that I tell you boys somethin’.”
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment