Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!

I hope that most people had a more exciting New Year than I did :-/ I'm used to making big fun plans for New Year's Eve...or at least FUN plans, if not big ones ;) Unfortunately, our fun plans for this year went to the dogs when I got sick...and stayed sick. Though I felt a lot better yesterday than I had for the previous four days, there was no way I was healthy enough to go out and party for the New Year. Steve did take me out to a nice dinner, and we did stop and say a quick hello to our friends who were (lucky them) healthy enough to have a bit of fun last night...but then we came home and watched movies and cuddled with pets. A bit disappointing, yes, but also kind of nice :)


And even though I didn't really drink last night, even though I was in bed by 12:30...I still slept half the day away today, and my New Year's Day is now being spent picking up the house and doing the ultimate exciting chore of changing the sheets and comforter on our bed! Woo hoo!

But hey, at least they are actually NEW sheets, and it's actually a NEW comforter!

source
Yeah, not quite my first choice of bedding, but good dark colors for the winter season, no? Plus we simply have too many pets to buy any sort of light-colored comforter. Sigh.

I guess it's all for the best that we've spent today sleeping in and hanging out indoors, though, because according to my Ice & Fire Weather app...


Somehow I think Winterfell would be a good deal colder, but yeah, this rain is definitely icky. I can only hope that it goes away with this flu that I have...and that they both disappear SOON. I don't make New Year's Resolutions, but there are things I want to accomplish this year, and every day I have to spend laid up and sick is a day that goes to waste...and I want NONE of that! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment