Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Writer's Block Wednesday: A Hobbit-themed Questionnaire! (part 1)

I found this little meme/questionnaire on tumblr, and I thought it was interesting enough to take up a few of my "Writer's Block Wednesdays" :) ...especially considering the theme of my blog and my love of all things Tolkien! So, without further ado...


Bilbo: What was the last unexpected adventure you had, and did you enjoy it?

Well...I guess it depends on the extent something must go to in order to be considered an unexpected adventure? I guess I'll assume that the best answer is the totally random trip that I took to Atlantic Beach, NC last summer. The guitarist from the band that I was in - Tad - came over to my house so that we could burn a DVD of one of our shows...several shots of Fireball Whiskey and many many Jager bombs later, somehow we had decided that it would be a good idea to leave the next afternoon and meet the bassist from Juno for a two-night beach trip. Shoot, the next afternoon I kept hoping that Tad would text or call me the next day and say that he didn't want to go...but he didn't, so go we did ;)

Don't get me wrong, it was an amazing time - and as I'm the type of person who usually plans vacations out months (or even YEARS) in advance, it was cool to just get up and go for once :) It was the only time I went to the beach simply to go to the beach, all summer.



Thorin: Have you ever been motivated by revenge, or had someone take revenge on you?

Ohhh I've thought about the whole revenge thing, but I've never gone so far as to bother trying it. I suppose maybe people have tried to take it on me? Enough people have attempted to screw me over, anyway. But I guess at this point I can at least safely say (::knock on wood::) that if they've tried it, it probably hasn't succeeded to the extent that they'd hoped.


Gandalf: What kind of advice to people usually ask you for?

It's probably a tie between travel and relationship advice :) The former not just because I travel a lot, but also because I used to be a travel agent...the latter, well...let's just say that I'm the type of person who will tell you the truth and nothing but the truth in regards to relationships...even if it's something you may not want to hear.

 
Fili: Do people ever confuse you with anyone else?

Well...assuming that it doesn't count when my mom calls out either or both of my sisters' names when she's trying to catch my attention...no.


Kili: What was the last thing you were "too young" (or "too old") to do?

The last thing I was considered "too young" for - not by everyone, but by some people - was being a manager at Disney World. I personally didn't think I was too young - I was certainly mature enough and driven enough to do the job and do it well - but some of my co-workers definitely didn't feel the same way about me. They assumed that because I was only 23 (and I'd literally *just* turned 23), I couldn't handle the job, or that I would allow...I don't know, some sort of "party hardy" lifestyle that they *assumed* that I had...to get in the way of me doing my job properly/well. Needless to say, I showed them ;)

As for being too old...well...let's just say that I was skiing at Big Sky Montana this past weekend, and while I'm not too old for skiing at all, I'm definitely too old for the long days and daring runs that I used to pull back in high school!

Like that peak. Steve skied it...I physically could not. Sad.




Dwalin: Tell about a tattoo you have, or one you would get (if you're squeamish, pretend it's henna).

Balin: Has anyone ever saved your life, or have you ever saved someone else's?

Bifur: Tell a story about a scar or other injury (the funnier the better).

Bofur: What was the last random act of kindness you witnessed/engaged in?

Bombur: Name one thing you're really good at cooking/baking, or would like to be.

Dori: Tell a funny customer service story.

Nori: Are you the center of attention in your circles, or do you rarely speak?

Ori: When was the last time you felt completely unprepared for something?

Oin: Have you ever had a dream about the future that came true?

Gloin: Have you ever held a grudge on someone else's behalf--ie, you weren't the one who was wronged, but a family member, friend, etc?

Gollum: What is one of your most precious material possessions?

Thranduil: Tell us about your most fabulous feature.

Elrond: Would you rather invite people to your place, or go to someone else's house to hang out?

Radagast: If you could have any ability, what would you choose and why?

Galadriel: Is there anyone in your life with whom you can communicate almost without words?

Smaug: If you could trade places with any villain for a day, who would it be, and what would you do? Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment