Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Writer's Block Wednesday: A Hobbit-themed Questionnaire! (part 2)

As I mentioned when I posted part 1 of this Hobbit-themed questionnaire last week, it originated on tumblr...but I preferred to post my answers here :) So - on to the next five questions!

Dwalin: Tell about a tattoo you have, or one you would get (if you're squeamish, pretend it's henna).

Well...I have several tattoos...but I know I'm not done getting them ;) I really *really* want my next one to be the words "Clever Girl" in the Jurassic Park font, sort of like this:

source
Of course it would likely just be black letters with a white line, rather than white and red, and JUST the words, not the whole picture ;) Somewhere on my back because I *really* want to fill my back with tattoos. Yes, completely, but that's another story for another time, I suppose.


Balin: Has anyone ever saved your life, or have you ever saved someone else's?

No one has ever physically saved my life, but I suppose you could say that I've saved someone else's. Back in August 2008 my sister and I got stuck in a riptide at Myrtle Beach. It was freaking scary. We swam along the beach line like you're supposed to for so long that even I was getting tired - and I was in extremely good physical shape. My sister, on the other hand...not so much.


Thankfully we are both pretty strong swimmers, having had lessons for years when we were little and having grown up with pools in our backyard...but it still wasn't quite enough. I had to hold on to her and eventually drag her to shore. I still don't feel comfortable swimming in the Atlantic (and probably wouldn't in the Pacific either - the Caribbean is a different story).


Bifur: Tell a story about a scar or other injury (the funnier the better).

Truth be told, I have plenty of scars, but no funny stories. I'm a pretty big clutz, but most of my scars/injuries have been pretty commonplace. Which is a good thing, except for the fact that it gives me no amusing way to answer this question ;) I will say that, having worked in the restaurant industry for many years, I have more than a few burn scars on my hands/arms. And my hands are still calloused enough to touch hot things without it even bothering me. Which probably isn't a "good" thing, per se ;)


Bofur: What was the last random act of kindness you witnessed/engaged in?

I honestly have no idea. I certainly can't recall witnessing any acts of kindness at all, let alone random ones. (How would I know if they were random, anyway?) As for engaging in one...well, I'm sure I've performed acts of kindness, but again I'm not sure I could call them random :-/ I hate to be the jaded cynical type, but I am the jaded cynical type, and especially lately I'm finding it hard to believe that completely random acts of kindness actually occur at all.


Bombur: Name one thing you're really good at cooking/baking, or would like to be.

I'm not much of a baker. It's not that I *can't* do it - it's just that I'm not a big fan. Most actual baking recipes - the ones where you're baking from scratch, I mean - are just too finicky. But I'm pretty darn good at cooking, if I may say so myself ;) As for one particular thing...can I just say chicken? I only ask that because I cook it a lot in a ton of different ways and Steve is always commenting on how my chicken is never dry or undercooked or whatever...it's always "perfect". But then he's my husband, so maybe he has to say that?

Dori: Tell a funny customer service story.

Nori: Are you the center of attention in your circles, or do you rarely speak?

Ori: When was the last time you felt completely unprepared for something?

Oin: Have you ever had a dream about the future that came true?

Gloin: Have you ever held a grudge on someone else's behalf--ie, you weren't the one who was wronged, but a family member, friend, etc?

Gollum: What is one of your most precious material possessions?

Thranduil: Tell us about your most fabulous feature.

Elrond: Would you rather invite people to your place, or go to someone else's house to hang out?

Radagast: If you could have any ability, what would you choose and why?

Galadriel: Is there anyone in your life with whom you can communicate almost without words?

Smaug: If you could trade places with any villain for a day, who would it be, and what would you do? Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment