Tuesday, May 21, 2013

100 Days 'til Dragon*Con!

Holy crap, I can't believe that Dragon*Con is only 100 days away.

Sounds like a lot of days, doesn't it? I mean, it's still three digits after all!

Unfortunately, it's not so many days when you have several costumes to finish, photoshoots to schedule, meetups to organize...the list goes on and on and on.

Really, first things first I need to figure out when I can wear all of these costumes! There's only so much time in a day, after all, and personally I really can't see doing more than one costume change per day. (Especially considering that most of my costume changes will require hair/makeup changes as well, and on top of that I'll have at least two costumes that take up to 30 minutes - or more - to get into and out of. Seriously, there are times when I wonder why I put myself through all of this...)

On top of that, Steve won't be able to be at Dragon*Con for the entire weekend, so I have to schedule the costumes that we're doing together around him. Those being...

Bonnie McFarlane & John Marston from Red Dead Redemption!
(...I'm silently "squeeing" over how excited I am to be doing this with him...)


And Glinda & Oscar from Oz the Great & Powerful
(Yes, we have friends costuming Theodora & Evanora as well :) )


I'm telling you, making the perfect necklace for my Bonnie costume is going to be an interesting experience...and I don't even want to think about Glinda's crown and wand :-/ I know that I *can* make them, but ya know, time is of the essence. ::sigh::

One costume that will be fairly easy - though I still have to figure out the smaller samurai swords for it - is my costume for the Apocalypse Disney Princesses group. I'm Aurora, and I love her because according to Tess Fowler, the artist who created the Apocalypse Disney Princesses piece, Aurora is the dragon slayer - instead of Prince Phillip - and she's celebrating said dragon slaying with a cigarette and champagne. How fun!

Aurora is in the top row, second from the right

Of course, on top of figuring out what costumes I'll be wearing when - and finishing said costumes - I also have other D*C activities to schedule. I learned so much at the Writer's Workshops that I attended last year, so I know I want to attend some of those this year as well - though I think that I'll have to forego doing so on Saturday of D*C, due to an already busy schedule :-/ Because this year, I have a list of things that I want to accomplish, and just one of them - walking in the parade - will take up all of Saturday morning.

Stay tuned for more D*C updates as we get closer! Hopefully before I post my next update - probably at the two-month mark - I'll have some more costume work done.

Hopefully.

Because honestly, I *really* don't want to be up half the night, every night, finishing my costumes the week before Dragon*Con. Which is what I did last year. Procrastination = bad! ;)
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment