Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Writer's Block Wednesday: I want a "book nook"!

::Sigh:: You know your writer's block is bad when it takes you until 7:45 PM to even come up with a writer's block topic.

That said, I'm not sure how I didn't think of this earlier :)

Recently it came to light that we had some home renovations that needed to be done, well, ASAP. And when we had the contractor come by to look at some things, he put the idea in my head to get rid of our useless "solarium". I call it useless because it doesn't get enough natural light or air to grow plants in there - we've been using it for storage but it's really just a waste of space.

When talking about getting rid of it, we were trying to decide what to do with the little loft area. And then one morning while I was taking my dogs for a run, it came to me - a book nook!

Of course, now I can't get the idea out of my head :) Here is some of my inspiration...

source
source
source
source
source
source

Of course, the above pictures are just inspiration; my book nook will have to be a combination of the little things that I like about these, because I'm working with a very different type of area - it has windows, but they're a bit higher from the floor than most of the ones pictured...and I think rather than having a built-in seat, I'll go with lots of cushions and/or a bean bag. We'll see! All I know is that I'm dying to have this finished as soon as possible :) Of course...we aren't exactly on top of things when it comes to home renovations (seriously, we never finish anything :-/ ) so...for now I can only dream about my eventual book nook, I suppose. Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment