Sunday, June 2, 2013

Monthly 101 Update: April & May

Phew, I've really been slacking on these - not just the monthly updates, but actually accomplishing goals as well :-/ I'm really hoping that I'll knock out a *few* more this summer... ::fingers crossed::

Technically I completed both of the following goals in May, which of course means that I didn't complete any in April...however, considering everything I had to do to get ready for ice & Fire Con - and that the convention took place at the end of April - I am giving myself a bit of a break on this ;)

The two goals that I did finish actually both involved Steve...

Private :) (because I don't want to give it away) - This goal was under "travel" and originally the idea was to surprise Steve with a weekend away at Myrtle Beach. This *did* evolve a bit, mainly because we really needed to do something a bit closer to home and a bit more affordable...including having to bring the dogs with us to make it more affordable.

In the end I was able to find an amazing cottage for rent at Lake Lure - it was lakefront, slept up to 8 people, and allowed pets! So we had a bunch of friends, we ate a lot of awesome food, drank some mimosas, bloody marys, and beer, and generally had an amazing weekend of lake activities :) And Steve didn't know anything about it until about two days before we went...I only told him then because of course there was laundry and packing and otehr stuff involved and I knew that I wouldn't be able to hide it from him anymore....

(Thankfully, when I mentioned that I'd seriously considered surprising him with a trip to Myrtle Beach - since it really is a special place for us - Steve said that Lake Lure and our time there was way more his style.)







Make a list of/write out 101 reasons why I love Steve - This actually turned out to be part of his birthday present/part of the aforementioned surprise. I first gave him a birthday card with a little note in it (under my signature) that said "now ask me for the other thing". That "other thing" was my list of 101 reasons why I love him, of course. And woooow did it take a lot of time to come up with 101 reasons. I mean, I love Steve - very very much - but 101 is a LOT of reasons! It was worth it, though, especially because at the end of the "letter" I had included a blurb about our surprise weekend away, as well as a couple little pictures of the cottage that I'd found online.


Well, that's it for my 101 in 1001 updates for the months of April and May...but again, I'm really crossing my fingers that I'll be able to, err, "force" myself to bite the bullet and get more of these things checked off this summer!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment