Sunday, June 9, 2013

Sunday Funday: Another Game of Thrones-filled-day!

Well, it was pretty much inevitable that today would be yet another Sunday filled to the brim with Game of Thrones food, drink, and activities...and that was before several other things came about this weekend to fill out what could or would have been any non-GoT-hours ;)


Unfortunately there was plenty of real-life stuff that I had to do before *really* settling in to prepare for tonight's episode. And just like Sansa...







Of course, booze must be counteracted with food. This is *not* a Feast of Ice & Fire recipe, but maybe it should be? Very Higharden/Renly-ish, as it were...


SWEET PEACH CHICKEN & GREENS

4 small boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Salt & Pepper
1 1/2 cups peach preserves
3 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 red pepper, sliced
1 yellow pepper, sliced
2 peaches (preferably white, but any will suffice), sliced
Mixed greens


- In a large saucepan, mix the peach preserves, honey, and mustard in a large sauce pan and bring to a simmer over medium-low heat.

- Rinse the chicken breasts (trim if needed!) and season with salt and pepper. Add to the simmering sauce, cover and cook over medium-low for 20 minutes.

- While the chicken is cooking, toss the greens with the peppers and peach slices. Serve the chicken over the salad and spoon some of the peach sauce over it.


Seriously, I'm pretty sure Renly and Loras would approve of that meal :D

And after the food, well...bottle number two, anyone?


Of course Sandor is ready to watch last week's episode with me in preparation...though to be honest this episode hurts. Even though I knew what was going to happen, and even though I've already watched it twice, I don't think it will ever not be seriously emotionally compromising :-/


AND NOW IT'S OVER AND I DON'T KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON. SO MANY FEELS ABOUT THIS EPISODE AND I CAN'T EVEN WRITE ABOUT THEM. UGH.

So instead, I tip back my last bottle of Ommegang's Iron Throne Blonde Ale. Now begins the winter of my discontent, and nearly ten months of waiting for season four...


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment