Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Travel Tuesdays are back!

I've had to streamline a lot of things lately, because it's gotten to the point where I just don't have time to do everything I want to do (or need to do, for that matter) as well as I can.

Because of that, I'm setting aside my travel blog. For a time I loved writing in it, but it long ago became more like work. I travel a lot, though, so I don't want to completely stop writing about my vacations/trips...and I thought that weekly-ish entries focused on my travels would be fun to add to this blog :)

Therefore, as a sort of re-introduction to Travel Tuesdays I'm going to start by listing off (in sets of five) all of the US states and foreign countries that I've visited! I'll begin with the states, and go from there...so for today, here are some of the states I've been to and - to make it a bit more interesting - how I ended up there...

1) Alabama: The first time went to Alabama (and probably the only time that truly counts) was in 2008, to attend a NASCAR race at Talladega (yeah, I know, I know). Since then I've driven through the state a couple of times and stayed overnight there one other time, in the middle of nowhere, on my way to New Orleans.

At the Talladega race in April 2008

2) Alaska: Another place I visited in 2008 :) I spent about 11 days in Alaska - a week on a cruise up the coast, and then a few days on a land tour that took me up to Talkeetna, Denali, and Fairbanks. It was absolutely gorgeous and amazing and definitely a place everyone should visit, given the chance.

Denali, Alaska, May 2008

3) Arizona: I've been here twice (three times if you count me stepping over the line into AZ when I visited the Hoover Dam). First was in 1999 for a mission trip with my church, second was 2002 for a business trip. On the first trip we saw a huge portion of the state (Phoenix and northern AZ, the Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, and several other random places)...sadly, on the second trip I was just in Phoenix and of course had to work most of the time.

Grand Canyon with my friends Scott and Scott, June 1999

4) California: I was lucky enough to get to visit a friend there in 2005, and during that trip I saw Santa Barbara, Disneyland, and Laguna Beach. I returned to Cali in 2011 with Steve, to visit his brother in San Fran.

At the Disneyland Pirates, October 2005

5) Colorado: I went to a dude ranch (no lie) with my family in 1996 - North Fork Ranch, specifically. It was actually a completely amazing vacation!

Trail riding near North Fork Ranch in Colorado, July 1996

Stay tuned next week (hopefully) when I add five more states to this list! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment