Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Travel Tuesday: Visited States, Part 2

Well, I remembered Travel Tuesday again, so here are five more of the US states I've visited (and why, of course)!

6) Connecticut: This is where I was born and raised! So of course I've been all over the state - not like it's a very big one, anyway ;) (Gotta admit, though, I'm glad to have left...)

Mystic Aquarium, summer 1998

7) Delaware: Though I have no exact memories of stopping over here, I've driven through Delaware more times than I care to count, and I know that there were stopovers at some point. It's just been a long time and they were literally just that...stopovers.

8) District of Columbia: First trip here was I think the summer before 6th grade, with my grandparents. Went again for our 8th grade field trip, and then visited several times when I was in college in Virginia...including for the Cherry Blossom Festival one year!

Cherry Blossom Festival in DC, April 2003

9) Florida: My first trip to Florida was with my family (to Disney, Sea World, and Fort Lauderdale). I was 9 at the time. In later years we returned for vacation several times, and of course I lived in Orlando when I worked for Disney :) I was also lucky enough to get to visit Jacksonville, Daytona, Cocoa, Tampa, Clearwater, St. Pete, and Sarasota throughout the years.

On the Disney monorail with my sister and cousin, August 1998

10) Georgia: I've driven through Georgia any time I've gone down to Florida, of course, and I've lost count of how many times that's been :) I've also visited Savannah a couple of times and Atlanta once...

In Savannah over St. Patrick's Day weekend, 2012 - sitting right about where Tom Hanks sat as they filmed the bus bench scenes in Forrest Gump!

Phew...ten down...and a lot more to go ;) For as long as I can remember, it's been my goal to visit all 50 US States, and to be honest I've got a darn good start on that! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment