6) Connecticut: This is where I was born and raised! So of course I've been all over the state - not like it's a very big one, anyway ;) (Gotta admit, though, I'm glad to have left...)
|Mystic Aquarium, summer 1998|
7) Delaware: Though I have no exact memories of stopping over here, I've driven through Delaware more times than I care to count, and I know that there were stopovers at some point. It's just been a long time and they were literally just that...stopovers.
8) District of Columbia: First trip here was I think the summer before 6th grade, with my grandparents. Went again for our 8th grade field trip, and then visited several times when I was in college in Virginia...including for the Cherry Blossom Festival one year!
|Cherry Blossom Festival in DC, April 2003|
9) Florida: My first trip to Florida was with my family (to Disney, Sea World, and Fort Lauderdale). I was 9 at the time. In later years we returned for vacation several times, and of course I lived in Orlando when I worked for Disney :) I was also lucky enough to get to visit Jacksonville, Daytona, Cocoa, Tampa, Clearwater, St. Pete, and Sarasota throughout the years.
|On the Disney monorail with my sister and cousin, August 1998|
10) Georgia: I've driven through Georgia any time I've gone down to Florida, of course, and I've lost count of how many times that's been :) I've also visited Savannah a couple of times and Atlanta once...
|In Savannah over St. Patrick's Day weekend, 2012 - sitting right about where Tom Hanks sat as they filmed the bus bench scenes in Forrest Gump!|
Phew...ten down...and a lot more to go ;) For as long as I can remember, it's been my goal to visit all 50 US States, and to be honest I've got a darn good start on that!