Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Travel Tuesday: Visited States, Part 4

Today it's the M's and the M's alone in regards to my list of visited states...enjoy!

16) Maine: I want to say that the first time I visited Maine was the summer between 6th and 7th grades, though to be honest I could be off by a year in either direction ::shrug:: After that first trip, though, it was almost an annual thing for us to go to Maine for a long weekend or up to a full week in the summer. I missed these trips when I moved away, so I made sure to take Steve up there in the summer of 2009 before we moved to South Carolina :)

Walking the Marginal Way in Ogunquit with Steve, August 2009

17) Maryland: Though I have to be honest and admit that I haven't seen much in the way of cool stuff in Maryland, I've driven through here more times than I can count, and I went to a wedding in Columbia back in 2005...

Unfortunately it pretty much rained the entire weekend for that wedding in October 2005, so this is one of few pictures I have of me actually being in Maryland ;)
 
18) Massachusetts: My dad was born and raised in Mass, and my grandparents still live there...plus, the area where I grew up in CT is not but 20 minutes from the Mass border...so needless to say, I've been all over Massachusetts about a million times. (Okay, maybe a MILLION is exaggeration, but you catch my drift.) Lots of Western Mass, Boston of course, Cape Cod every summer when I was little, the Berkshires, and I even went to Martha's Vineyard once.

Bike trip on Martha's Vineyard, summer 2000

19) Michigan: Some close friends of mine got married in Flint in February 2011, and then a couple of months later I went back to visit a friend in Traverse City. It was very cold, and that's about all I remember of Michigan ;)

With the bride and groom at their frigid Michigan wedding ;) Also, yes, we donned fake mustaches before it was a thing/"cool".

20) Montana: For our second big ski trip, Steve and I chose Big Sky Montana! Getting out there (and home...) was a huge pain in the butt, to be honest, but it was another amazing ski trip. Big Sky is...big. Haha :D

At the top of the SoCo lift on Andesite Mountain, Big Sky Montana, February 2013

...and that's another week down! But at least we're through the middle of the alphabet, right? ;) Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment