Friday, August 2, 2013

Dragon Con Maps Edition!

So we're fast approaching Dragon Con and it's pretty much all I can think about just now...partly because I still have costumes and props to finish, but partly because I'm super excited and seriously can't wait :)

One thing I wish I'd done last year is really look at the layout of the Dragon Con host hotels - both their relation to each other and their own floor plans. Unfortunately it seemed that 90% of the time the PDF files on the Dragon Con website weren't working, and Google Maps simply has too much going on.

So imagine how excited I was to find a great layout map of downtown Atlanta while perusing /r/dragoncon yesterday! Granted, the original version had these little numbers on it to mark where photoshoots were at some past Dragon Con, but those were easy to edit out ;) This particular map is great because the blue areas show the habitrails *and* the Americas Mart is on it! (However, I also want to note that there is a liquor store across the street from the front entrance of the Sheraton, and a Starbucks on Peachtree right by the Americas Mart ;) )



Once I found this I kind of got it in my head to gather up all of the Dragon Con hotel floor plans. As usual the PDFs weren't working about the first three to five times that I tried to download them, and then I had to play around in Microsoft Paint to erase the room assignments from 2012. I know that the official website will have these maps available with the new room assignments on them soon - but to be honest I think that for this particular entry to stay relevant, it's better for me to upload the floor plans with just the hotel information on them - as we know, Dragon Con changes a few things every year, but the hotel conference and ballroom names should stay the same for some time to come ;)

Therefore, behind the "read more" cut you will find all of the basic floor plans of the five host hotels! Check them out...



























And just for prosperity's sake, I've uploaded all of these to my flickr account as well!

ETA: Since Dragon Con released a new parade route for this year, I'm including this map as well. I may or may not later delete it as the new route was set up due to road construction in downtown Atlanta, so who knows if the route will remain the same after this year.


Pin It

8 comments:

  1. I can digg it, fellow greenville SC native here! can't wait till D*C this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay! I wish there was some way to know who all at DCon is from Greenville, haha. I would love to meet other people in the area who are into the same things as I am!

      Delete
  2. I've put this on my iphone facebook apps as a note. It is so very useful!! Thanks a million! I found it on posts in the Dragon*Con facebook group. FANtastic! (pun)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a lifesaver. I've been looking everywhere for maps of all the hotels and the downtown area for an RPG campaign I want to set at D*con.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice! Glad you found my post and that it helped you out :)

      Delete