Sunday, September 1, 2013

Book Review: If You Ask Me by Betty White

Before I even get into this review, I feel the need to point out that Betty White wrote other books before writing If You Ask Me - including Betty White in Person and Here We Go Again. I personally didn't know that when I picked this one up (and no, I haven't read them yet) - but I feel like any small disappointment I felt over this book would have likely been tempered even more had I known about her prior works (and read them, of course).

source

To be honest, I don't have all that much to say about this book. It's a very quick, light read. I'm a bit surprised at the people who gave it lower-than-average or even outright bad reviews because it "wasn't all that funny". I thought it was cute, even a bit quirky, and to me that's always how Betty White has expressed herself - that's why she's funny. If You Ask Me has it's amusing moments, and it's also quite heartfelt, if a bit brief. 3.5/5 stars.




"...you can lie to anyone in the world and even get away with it, perhaps, but when you are alone and look into your own eyes in the mirror, you can't sidestep the truth."

"Cats are not remote. People who think cats are that way may never have lived with a cat."

"You can't get carried away with your image, because you know better than anyone else who the real person is." Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment