Saturday, September 7, 2013

Dragon Con 2013 Recap: Day 2, Part 2

Okay, so at 5:30 on Friday evening of Dragon Con we had a gathering/photoshoot set up for Walking Dead fans/cosplayers. We met at the Hilton and I was pleasantly surprised at how many people showed up!

Merles everywhere!

Most (but not even all!) of our group

Such a random picture, but what a great "Rick Grimes" pose off to the left!

Comic book Andrea and Rick!

When zombies attack!

Becca and I with the group banner

Not surprisingly, everyone was really awesome, and I ended up hanging out at the gathering for about an hour - taking pictures, of course, but also just chatting about the show and the comic books. My comic book version of Andrea went over really well, and I'm hoping to reprise her at some point - especially as I really want to perfect her giant face scar, haha.

By the way, the awesome banner pictured above was designed by Becca (the zombie in the banner picture) and printed by DisplayIt out of Suwanee, Georgia. They did an amazing job, so please check out their Facebook page and give it a "like"! Great way to get banners printed for Dragon Con, at the very least, but they also make tabletop displays, pop-ups, literature holders and more :)

Sadly, I did eventually have to leave the gathering and make my way to the Marriott for the Game of Thrones: Shock and AWWW panel - but before I did, I got pulled aside by this amazing photographer from Hanarte Graphics. He took some great shots of me, but this one is really the piece de resistance, I think...

Photo courtesy of Hanarte Graphics

Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to finish my Dragon Con Friday recap (and finally move on to Saturday of Dragon Con)...so stay tuned! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment