Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Dragon Con 2013 Recap: Day 3, Part 2

Even though last year I stayed in my book Cersei costume all day, this year I had quite a few more costumes (too many, to be completely honest, but I'll get into that a bit more later). This meant that as soon as the noon Game of Thrones photo shoot wrapped up, it was once again back to the Hyatt to change...this time into my Bonnie MacFarlane costume!

Bonnie is a character from the video game Red Dead Redemption, and as Steve was wearing his John Marston costume that day it was only fitting that I tag along as, well, sort of an accessory ;) Of course, I'm more than a bit obsessed with the game than that statement lets on, but my Red Dead obsession is yet again another story for another time.

This particular costume change was, to be perfectly honest, a bit of a long one - and probably the first chip in my otherwise patient Dragon Con attitude. Mostly it was because I was hot and tired. What can I say, I'm not perfect! I did get to rest my feet for a little bit, though, and finally Steve and I headed downstairs to hang out for a bit and then go to the 4 PM Battlestar Galactica panel.

John Marston setting up camp outside of the Hyatt.

We were "in line" for the BSG panel right at about 3 PM. It was a long wait, but it is what it is when one is attending a "big" Dragon Con panel. And yes, it was totally worth it. Edward James Olmos and Kandyse McClure were especially amazing. (The former was not surprising, but the latter was, to be honest, a very pleasant surprise.)



Seriously though, Edward James Olmos was truly inspiring, and there was a question that Kandyse McClure answered to which she gave an extremely moving response. I just hope that next year I can make it to more BSG panels! The one bad thing is that it got to be about five minutes before the panel was supposed to end and we had to sneak out and use the rest room - waiting in line for an hour and then sitting in the panel for nearly an hour turned out to be too much for us! Oops? Haha.

On top of that, we had a full schedule Saturday (of course) and were approaching two events that were scheduled back to back - but at the Marriott and the Westin. But for now I'll just have to leave you wondering if we made it... Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment