Thursday, September 12, 2013

Dragon Con 2013 Recap: Day 3, Part 3

Back to it!

After having to duck out of the BSG panel five minutes early, Steve and I grabbed burgers at the cart outside (yeah yeah, I know, but I hadn't eaten an actual meal yet that day) before making our way to the tenth floor of the Marriot for the /r/dragoncon meetup :) There was a *huge* crowd there, honestly almost too big to fit in that space, so we didn't stay for very long - but we did get to meet a few people and take part in the big group picture!

/r/dragoncon group photo!

Laura and I at the /r/dragoncon meetup

Laura and Jeremy, who also live in Greenville and use /r/dragoncon, were there as well, and after hanging out for a short time the four of us eventually left (Laura and Jeremy first, Steve and I not far behind) to go to the Westin for the video game character photo shoot. But not before Steve and I jumped in with this group of people in Western getups to take a picture ;)


(Seriously though, next year - not so many photo shoots. Ugh.)

Unfortunately, they started the video game photoshoot a bit earlier than expected, and on top of that we were a bit late, so we missed the group photos - but we were lucky to have a few minutes with the photographer, Brian from Templar Digital, and get some special Red Dead Redemption pictures :)

Photo courtesy of Templar Digital

Photo courtesy of Templar Digital

Photo courtesy of Templar Digital

Photo courtesy of Templar Digital

Photo courtesy of Templar Digital

At this point I needed to sit down for a while (what can I say, that hike from the Marriott to the Westin carrying that fake - but very heavy - shotgun had taken its toll on me). We made our way back to our room to freshen up a bit before going to a 10 PM panel that I was a panelist on...and so I'll leave you there and finish my Saturday recap in the next entry! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment