Saturday, October 19, 2013

Random Recipe Post

So I've not been the best at posting recipes lately, hence this being 'random' ;) But I happened to snap a picture of my dinner the other night (really, that's why I so rarely post recipes - I never remember to take pictures of my food, it's just not in my nature)...and this is one of my favorite, fairly quick and easy meals.

FRIED MOZZARELLA & CRISPY SALAMI WITH GREENS

1/4 pound thinly sliced salami
Extra virgin olive oil
Salt and Pepper
1 1/2 cups Panko breadcrumbs
1 tsp Italian seasoning
3 large eggs
One 1 pound brick whole-milk mozzarella, sliced (FRESH!)
One 9 oz bag mixed greens (I prefer a spring greens and baby spinach mix)
Balsamic vinegar & olive oil for salad dressing


- In a large skillet, cook the salami over medium heat until just browned, about 3 minutes per batch - turning once halfway through; drain on paper towels.

 - Meanwhile, transfer the breadcrumbs to a plate or large bowl. In a shallow bowl, beat the eggs. Coat each cheese slice in breadcrumbs, dip in the egg, then coat again with breadcrumbs; place on a sheet of wax paper. In the same skillet, heat 1/4 cup olive oil over medium-high heat. Add 4 cheese slices and cook until crisp, about 1 minute on each side; transfer to a plate. Repeat with the remaining cheese slices. (If it looks as if the oil is cooking down, add a little more!)

- Serve the fried mozzarella with the salami and a side of greens. Drizzle the greens with balsamic vinegar and olive oil, to taste.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment