Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Writer's Block Wednesday: Looking Back at October

If I thought September was insane, clearly I hadn't prepared myself for October.

(To be complete honest, it was actually an overwhelming month, and not necessarily in a good way.)

I've been 'absent' from A Geek Saga a lot this month (as in, most of my blog posts have been pre-scheduled and not exactly, um, 'deep')...but mostly that's because I've been busy elsewhere. For instance, I posted a record five articles for The Geekiary in October! And it was a very Walking Dead-heavy month, considering four of those five articles were TWD related ;)


(A brief look back at my little trip to Anime Weekend Atlanta at the end of September)

(Exploring my love/hate relationship with The Walking Dead - most especially its female characters)

(Recapping my interview with Eric and James, organizers of this coming weekend's Walker Stalker Con!)

(Review of The Walking Dead season 4, episode 2)

(Interview with Zach Galligan of Gremlins fame - and one of the guests for Walker Stalker Con!)


October also included a lot of traveling (which isn't that much different from September, I suppose ;) ) First I had Not*A*Con in Ohio, which was a weekend of Ice & Fire con research, pirating, and random Game of Thrones photoshoots...


Additionally, I went on a family trip to Walt Disney World! It was definitely interesting and different being there with three children (my nieces, ages 7 and 2, and my 4-year-old nephew)...thankfully I had plenty of alone time and time with my friends and was therefore able to take some breathers away from the kids. I have to give a shout out to some of my amazing friends who still work for Walt Disney World, because without them these awesome moments/memories wouldn't have happened:




I know that the month isn't quite over yet, but *almost*! And as tomorrow is Halloween (one of my favorite holidays) I also wanted to share a blurb that I wrote for Needless Things Site's 31 Days of Halloween. It's essentially about a cosplayer's Halloween, so check it out!



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment