Thursday, December 5, 2013

Costume dreams...

As 2013 nears its end - and as I won't be going to another convention until February at the earliest - I couldn't help but start thinking about costumes for next year.

(Okay, that's a lie, I started thinking about costumes for Dragon Con 2014 within a week after returning from Dragon Con 2013.)

Some of these are actually already in the works - most of them will hopefully be finished well before whatever convention they're intended for. Of course, I say that, but probably don't really mean it, because like most cosplayers (ugh, still hate that word) I'm horrible about procrastinating ;)

First things first, I thought that I was going to retire Andrea from The Walking Dead after Dragon Con this year...mainly because she died in season 3 of the show :-/ But then Walker Stalker Con came around, and then I ended up finding a near perfect match for Andrea's vest...which means I'll be finishing up a season 3 Andrea costume, and hopefully soon!


Of course I always need another Cersei costume. With the help of my friend Frankie, I decided to forgo the weird necklines and difficult-to-perfect metal corset from season three and stick with an iconic Cersei look...red gown with lots of gold embroidery, of course! (And this also means I get to use my nearly perfect Cersei belt more often, yay!) I'm crossing my fingers that this one will be done for Throne Con in London at the end of February ;)


Last but not least in terms of costumes that will definitely make an appearance next year is...drumroll please...a Caprica Six outfit! (From Battlestar Galactica, I mean) But I'm sorry, that red dress of hers is hideous, and I also don't think it would look good on me, so I'm going with something that is maybe less recognizable but which I'll feel a hell of a lot more comfortable in...the white dress she wears in the opera house scenes (both on Kobol and in the Crossroads episodes, plus possibly even a few more times than that...I can't recall exactly, at the moment).


Now, I've got a few others in the works (you're not surprised, are you?) but these will be the three main/big additions, I think. A couple I'm not 100% sure about, so I'm going to leave those 'secret'...at least for right now ;) I will say, though, that my dream costume - despite the fact that a million other girls are probably going to be doing it - is Elsa from Disney's Frozen. ::sigh:: The problem is, I don't know if I want her super pretty blue dress or the less pretty but more outfit that has more coverage AND A CAPE. I just love capes. (Yeah, I know, I'm weird.) However, this one is a shot in the dark anyway. So we'll just have to see...



Regardless, obviously I've got a lot on my plate for next year...and shoot, I don't even have many conventions planned yet (outside of ASOIAF/GoT ones, that is...haha). But I'm sure they'll add up eventually! (The conventions, I mean. Clearly the costumes are adding up already.) Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment