Sunday, December 1, 2013

NaNoWriMo 2013!

Last year I did a whole series of "Six Sentence Sundays" during NaNoWriMo, and I'm suddenly sad that I didn't remember to do so this year. But hey, NaNo ended yesterday, and somehow, some way, I actually ended up making 50,000 words this month! It was down to the wire, that's for sure - I validated my novel/word count at about 9:30 last night, being just a few words over 50,000 and with just a couple of hours left before the NaNoWriMo was over. To be completely honest, a good portion of what I wrote the past few days was no more than catch-up writing, and not very good - but I keep telling myself that it's words on paper, that some of it might be usable, and I'm glad that I was able to 'win' NaNo for the second year in a row :)

P.S. I really do love the 8-bit look they've got going on this year :)

Sooo in celebration of 'winning' NaNo, I figured I'd make this first day of December a Six Sentence Sunday and of course choose a passage from the novel I was working on last month. I'm still not sure what it is, or if it will be anything halfway decent at all, but...well, it exists, I guess? ;)


I suppose it should have tipped me off, just how 'content' I was with my life, when the first and basically only thing that crossed my mind upon finding a member of the living dead on the road near my yoga retreat was I have to make sure Holden is okay. Holden being my dog, of course. That's right, my live-in boyfriend of three years didn't cross my mind at all - I just wanted my dog.

Says something, doesn't it?
Now, because I don't want you to think I'm too cold, I will admit that after the initial panic and about an hour into my three-hour drive home, I did start thinking about my mother. She was alone, after all, still living on the farm she'd once shared with my father.

Well...there ya go. I know that it cuts off a bit short at the end there, but that's what comes with only sharing six sentences, no more no less! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment