Thursday, February 6, 2014

Throwback Thursday: When my cats were kittens.

It really shouldn't be any sort of secret or surprise that I love animals - particularly my own pets. Yet somehow I let my cats' 10th birthdays go by without any sort of mention, last spring!

I adopted Lilo & Stitch from the Lynchburg (Virginia) humane society and a southwest Virginia rescue group, respectively. True to form for me, neither one of them was an 'easy' kitten - Stitch was jumping into cereal bowls and clawing his way up my legs soon after he came home, and Lilo was undersized and clearly not well from day one. But they're both still here today (even if sometimes I want to wring Stitch's neck, and even though Lilo was in and out of the vet's office God knows how many times in the first month I had her)...so before they turn 11, here are some Throwback Thursday photos of them as kittens...in the summer of 2003, if you can believe it (I can't! haha)...









Stitch is still the hellion that he always was, and Lilo went from being a sickly little thing to a big fat happy cat. They are my babies, truly - they were my first pets as an 'adult' (when I had my own place and no parents around to feed and water them and clean their litter boxes and take them to the vet or pay for any of the above), and they've been with me through thick and thin. Through some good times, and some really really bad ones. Through countless moves (seriously, poor things, I think I've dragged them up and down the east coast over half a dozen times) and a couple of relationships. Yet somehow they still love me and still want to cuddle with me the moment I come home (from work, vacations, you name it).

Though I really wish Stitch would stop trying to steal food off plates all the time. (Seriously, I don't know where he learned that, because I'm not one to feed my pets 'human food'.) Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment