Thursday, March 13, 2014

Walker Stalker Con 2013: Day 3

Usually when I attend conventions, by the time the last day rolls around I'm ready to go home (or just have to do so)...which means I often get up, check out of my hotel, and leave. But last November I simply wasn't ready for Walker Stalker Con to end - and a big part of that was because they had some interesting panels scheduled for Sunday.

The two that I ended up attending were vastly different - one being an interview-type panel with Daniel Thomas May and Melissa Ponzio, the other being a discussion panel between several authors who have published horror-themed novels.

I was actually surprised that there weren't more people interested in the one with Daniel and Melissa, but in the end that's the loss of those who didn't show, because it really was an awesome interview/discussion between the moderators and these two actors. I've already detailed some of the best parts in the Panel Highlights article that I wrote for The Geekiary, so I won't rehash all of that - but let's just say that I'm really glad I stumbled into this panel :)


Sadly, the one bad thing about forgetting to finish my Walker Stalker Con recaps much sooner than this is that some of my memories have gone a bit fuzzy. I remember attending the author panel, and though I remember it being good but not great, that's basically the only impression it left me with. I will say that the audience members asked some interesting questions, and that some of the authors mentioned books of theirs and others that I ended up adding to my 'to read' list, but I do think that this particular panel would have benefited from some bigger names in the horror writing world. And perhaps one of the upcoming Walker Stalker Cons will be able to offer something like that :)

After the literary panel I was ready to stretch my legs a bit. I wanted to make one more trip to the dealer room, but sadly even as early as 2 PM a lot of the booths were closed up. Funny enough, I did end up buying a couple of things...buuuut they were all Game of Thrones themed. (Seriously, who goes to a Walking Dead themed convention and only buys GoT items? Other than me, I mean. haha)

One thing I'm really sad to have missed was the live viewing of that night's new Walking Dead episode. I really should have just sucked it up and stayed, but I guess that all I can do now is cross my fingers that they'll have a similar activity at Walker Stalker Con Atlanta later this year...because yes, I'll *definitely* be back for it! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment