Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Game of Thrones Season 4 Premiere: Part 1

It was a given this year that for the third year in a row I would be hosting a Game of Thrones season premiere day - complete with themed food and a season three marathon, of course!

Unfortunately, as I mentioned in yesterday's Monday Confessions...I was feeling a bit rough on Season 4 Premiere Day this year ;) Still, that didn't stop me from whipping up a quick Daenerys-themed breakfast...it was her turn, after all, considering last year I tried "Breakfast at the Wall", and the year before it was "Breakfast at Winterfell".

Melon & Hard-Cooked Eggs


“But the only sound was the wind in the fruit trees, and the only creatures in the gardens were a few pale moths. Missandei returned with a melon and a bowl of hard-cooked eggs, but Dany found she had no appetite.” A Dance with Dragons

The 'hard-cooked' eggs recipe can be found in the wonderful Feast of Ice & Fire cookbook (which is why I won't include the full recipe here on my blog) - they were a very interesting take on hard-boiled eggs, though to be honest I would have boiled the eggs with the spices they call for rather than following the recipe exactly ;) As for the melon, though, they used a 'Roman Melon' recipe, which I edited a bit because I couldn't find one ingredient, and another I simply don't care for ;)


1 cantaloupe, cubed
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup vinegar
1/4 tsp paprika

~ Combine all your ingredients together in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil then allow to simmer for around 5 minutes. Pour over the melons or serve as a dipping sauce on the side.


I settled in with my yummy (and fairly healthy, really!) breakfast and a cat in my lap and began my season three re-watch right at 11 AM...still in my PJs, mind you ;)


I even had several people who stopped by to watch this year's marathon with me - or at least parts of it ;) Steve was there, of course, and our friend and roommate Toby hung out and let us try to teach him the gist of the show as well. Soon enough Matt - my fellow Ice & Fire Con organizer - was there as well. The guys even enjoyed mimosas, though I decided to let my breakfast (and admittedly, lunch) settle before I imbibed ;) And speaking of 'lunch', well...I'll share that little adventure in my next premiere day update!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment