Wednesday, April 2, 2014

MegaCon 2014 Recap: Day 2, Part 3

Though I'm definitely still more than a little annoyed that I missed the Walking Dead panel at MegaCon, I suppose that the biggest frustration was how much of my day I wasted waiting in that line when I could have been doing other things. Like attending other panels, eating (I was starving), or seeing more awesome costumes. Thankfully I at least got to do the latter two :)

Go go Power Rangers!
A bit of a blurry picture, but this girl was a great Bilbo!
Bastila Shan! :D :D :D

By the time the convention hall activities were winding down, I was more than ready to change into something a bit more comfortable and sit down to a proper meal. Once again a group of us were meeting for dinner at The Pub, which as usual took longer than I'd like but was enjoyable enough thanks to the people who were there :)

Another somewhat unfortunate thing about MegaCon is the lack of nightlife. Sure, there are tons of bars and restaurants in the area, but the only *sort of* official activity going on Saturday night was Moshi's party at the Backstage Club. Now, this was right next to our hotel, and normally I would be up for trying it out - except that I've heard that if you don't get there by 10, it's almost impossible to get in without waiting in line forever. And to be honest I'd already had enough of that - and the crowds that also supposedly grace this party - for the day. Instead, we hung out with some of our friends and tried to get to the Hyatt pool...only to arrive and find out they'd closed it because it was too crowded and/or people were being too loud. Strike two, I suppose.

In the end it was still a good night...I mean hey, we got to hang out and drink decent beer (that was much cheaper than any we would have purchased at a bar/party) with good people...can't beat that :) And I still stayed up way later than I should have...which led to some complications the next morning when I didn't want to get out of bed. But that's another story for another part of this recap...to be continued soon! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment