Monday, April 28, 2014

Monday Confessions



I confess...I've been skipping Monday Confessions in favor of writing Game of Thrones episode reviews here on my blog...but I wrote my review for last night over at The Geekiary instead (and am anxiously waiting for an editor to look it over so that it can be posted).

I confess...I was in Asheville over the weekend. I went to Moogfest. I wore a fedora and [ironic?] Ray-Bans and drank PBR. And generally I just had a total blast ;)

I confess...(and this is on a serious note) being an adult is hard Ish sometimes. I'm not talking about working or paying bills or any of that regular every day stuff. I'm talking about the fact that I had to bury a cat yesterday, one that Steve and I found in such bad condition that despite a week's worth of trying, we couldn't save her. And we dug a grave for her yesterday, and doing so was therapeutic and difficult at the same time, and part of me was glad that I had to do it, while another part of me wished I had someone who could have done it for me. And I realized that my dad had to bury several pets while my sisters and I were growing up, and I don't know how he did it. I was so worked up about losing this cat that I barely know, and burying her, that I can't even imagine how much harder it would have been if it had been any of my pets :(

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry about the kitty. I almost cried just thinking of you being sad over losing her. I know the feels of losing a furry child. =(
    I'm glad she found you and got to spend her last times with you.

    ReplyDelete