Saturday, May 17, 2014

Book Review: The Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks

This book was chosen for a book club some friends and I recently started, and as I'm a huge fan of Max Brooks' World War Z I was very excited to finally knock The Zombie Survival Guide off my to-read list.

source

I think the most important thing I can say is that every time I picked this book up, I didn't want to put it down. Part of that was because I wanted to get to the 'historical accounts' that Brooks kept referencing, but hey, smart of him, right? ;)

The main issue with The Zombie Survival Guide was its repetitiveness. A lot of the information about, for instance, terrain, could have had a good bit of fat trimmed off it. Many things just felt like they were being described in slightly different ways in order to add length.

Overall though, I enjoyed reading, and once I got to the 'historical accounts' I was doubly hooked. Though not without its problems, this book is a good read. If you're a fan of zombie culture or loved World War Z, I'd say that The Zombie Survival Guide is a must read. 3.5/5 stars. Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment