Thursday, July 10, 2014

Throwback Thursday: Summer Vacations 2005

In asking people to give me suggestions for a Throwback Thursday post, a friend suggested 'summer vacations' and I felt (for obvious reasons) that it was a timely subject :) I asked him to give me a year (preferably between 2004 and 2010, so that it would be 'throwback' but I'd still be able to find pictures)....and lo and behold he chose 2005, which was pretty much just a summer full of vacations for me!

It began with a [slightly delayed] college graduation cruise in honor of, well, me! My family and I took a Western Caribbean cruise on the Carnival Valor, and it was amazing! (And also kind of amusing that the last cruise we'd been on was in honor of my high school graduation...)

Snorkeling off the coast of Honduras

My sisters and I in Hell, Grand Cayman

And because I was living in Virginia at the time, I totally counted it as a vacation when I went back to visit my family in Connecticut in July of that summer...

High school buddies

I had to include this one because WHAT AM I WEARING. Also, the camera. LOL

Later that same month I took an extended trip to Orlando, and although I *did* put in some shifts at Disney to keep up my seasonal employee status, I count it as a vacation because I was definitely in vacation mode at least 60% of the time I was there. (Oh, who am I kidding, it was probably 70% of the time...or more...)

Ridiculously funny trips to Hooters with some of my WDW gals

DATW with a WDW/college buddy

Paying our, err, 'respects' to Canada at the end of an amazing DATW day

The summer wrapped up with a trip down to Myrtle Beach for my sister's orientation at Coastal Carolina University. Let me tell you, that long orientation day was a kick in the pants after the partying we'd done the night before...but we had plenty of free time and trust me, we made the most of it. The weather was perfect, the company was great (at the time, at least), and it's definitely a vacation of which I have tons of fond memories.

Jello shots in syringes? Sounds like a great idea! (or...probably not.)

Hanging out on the beach...such an amazing day

I'm actually fairly certain that I also went to Atlantic Beach in North Carolina that summer, but it was this awful trip revolving around Ex and his job, and I was one of the youngest significant others there, and the weather was terrible to boot, so I'm just going to pretend that the aforementioned FOUR awesome vacations comprised the summer of 2005 and leave it at that!

Now if you've read this, leave a comment and tell me where you went on vacation during the summer of '05 :) Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment