Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Suicide Prevention/Awareness Day

I wasn't going to write today, but as it's World Suicide Prevention Day and I've been dealing with some pretty hefty issues lately, I wanted to make a quick update and link back to my recent blog entries regarding my mental health.

Even more difficult things have occurred in my life since I wrote about seeking help for my severe depression and anxiety, and I've had some really bad days and nights. Really bad. But I'm still working on myself. Some days are harder than others, and I'm not even sure I can say some days are good...but sometimes I am able to breathe and accept things for what they are. To, as I was taught, do some "opposite action".

Today is one of those days. I'm cleaning! I'm doing work! I even put some laundry in! I have fun - and likely therapeutic - plans with friends later!

Tomorrow may not be so easy, but again, I'm trying to listen to what I was taught and take things day by day, one day at a time.

I'll say this - I have more amazing people in my life than I could ever be worthy of, and every one of them has participated in making my state of well-being more positive.

And considering the day, I just wanted to say that if you are experiencing anything difficult - whether it be suicidal thoughts, a personal trauma, general depression and/or anxiety, even if you're just 'in a rut' - don't ever be afraid to reach out. To someone. To anyone. To your pet - I've done that more times than I can count, now. Go to the hospital if you have to - I've been there.

All that said, I'm going to leave you with a recent photo of myself when I was having a great time with some great friends, and hopefully I'll be back soon with some Dragon Con updates!


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment