Sunday, February 22, 2015

Six Fictional Characters Meme

My lovely friends (::cough:: slight amount of sarcasm there ::cough::) kept tagging me in this meme on Facebook. At first I railed against it, but after I put a bit of thought into it - and after a wonderful friend offered to help me make the picture collage below - I figured, what the hell?

So here are six fictional characters I identify with. Funny, yes, four of them are blonde and one of them I guess I kind of look like (Lauren Graham as Lorelei Gilmore, at least as I get older and especially as I have lost so much weight lately - ugh to that, but whatever).




Kara Thrace/Starbuck (the reimagined Battlestar Galactica) - She's authentic. She is who she is, and she's not afraid of it. She's in control of her own sexual agency. But she's also self-destructive. She's complex and messy, but she doesn't run away from that.

Luna Lovegood - She knows she's an oddball and an outsider (though she's at least somewhat more accepting of that than I am myself). She's quirky, but also a trustworthy and loyal friend.

Andrea (from The Walking Dead COMICS) - She starts out as "an insecure and inexperienced young woman", but after what she's faced she becomes "a mature and hardened warrior". She's not afraid of who she is and she goes after what she wants, regardless of what anyone else thinks.

Lorelei Gilmore (Gilmore Girls) - She's talkative, loves coffee (way too much), and is a hard worker - but she also loves to have fun. And though she isn't the best at relationships, she's absolutely a romantic.

Pam Poovey (Archer) - She can be crude and obnoxious but she's smart and tough, and she follows her heart no matter what anyone thinks.

Rhett Butler (Gone with the Wind) - He stands by those who do him right, pretty much no matter what. He is smart, even cunning. He has the capacity for amazing love, but he doesn't give it lightly; and when he does, and gets hurt, he walks away. And he's selfish. But aren't we all?

Admittedly, I also had a couple of characters in my "reserves" - Lagertha from Vikings (intelligent and strong, both physically and in spirit; she has no qualms about walking away from Ragnar when he refuses to be loyal to her as his wife) and Jaime Lannister (doesn't think before he acts, has a wry sort of humor, learns to respect those who deserve it and to walk away or deal with those who don't).
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment