Saturday, March 14, 2015

Taking it all Back: St. Paddy's Day Dash and Bash

Last year I ran Greenville's St. Paddy's Day Dash & Bash for the first time, but the experience has become a bit...clouded over. So I planned on re-running it on my own, in my own time, and therefore reclaim it for myself.


Unfortunately it was 48 degrees and raining this morning, but I sucked it up and ran the race anyway. (Admittedly, I had a moment where I almost thought, "Why bother? This weather is terrible. Just get back in bed." But the thought passed almost as soon as it crossed my mind, and I drove myself downtown to spend nearly 30 minutes waiting for the race to start (in the cold and rain) and then another 25 minutes and 41 seconds running (in the cold and rain).


I shaved 49 seconds off my previous personal best! Of course at the end I was somewhere between elated and a combination of starving/cold/wet...


It used to be tradition to go to Coffee Underground after my 5k's...but this time I wanted something a little different. Because I hadn't been to Eggs Up Grill yet, I decided to meet my friend Beth there to load up on some post-run carbs :)


Everything was delicious, and once I got home I let myself relax with a cup of coffee and a book by the fireplace. Oh, and a cat, of course, because this IS my house.


And now that I've once again overloaded on carbs (and, go figure, it's far nicer outside than it was this morning) I'm going to put this entry to rest and enjoy some more reading, perhaps a bit of writing, and maybe some TV :) Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment