Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Absence makes the heart grow...something other than fonder.

I realized last week that for most of March my only posts in this blog were Monday Confessions. I've been so insanely busy with work, Ice & Fire Con, and The Geekiary that this blog - and my writing, to be quite honest - have fallen by the wayside.

But the thing is, even outside of the stress, I'm doing really well. I don't want to mention anything too specific for fear of jinxing things, though (and because I don't want to get ahead of myself)...so instead I'll give a little recap of what I've been up to ;)

Back in January a few of the Geekiary Girls - me, Yvonne a.k.a. Undie Girl, and Erin - started a webcast! It's called FEELINGS...with the Geekiary, and last week we got to interview Neil Napier (Dr. Peter Farragut from SyFy's Helix)!


I also recorded a couple of videos for The Geekiary's SDCC fundraiser - first I tried to explain Supernatural (I've not seen much of it outside of the first season), and then I dressed up as Cersei Lannister and went on a wine-fueled adventure :)

Another thing that took up a good bit of my time was creating masterpost pages on The Geekiary, for Game of Thrones and The Walking Dead. (Told you I'd been doing a lot of stuff for The Geekiary!) As a side note, although I didn't create it we also have an Arrow masterpost that I've contributed to quite a bit. And as always the rest of my Geekiary articles can be easily found via my author page.

Meanwhile, Ice & Fire Con approacheth!


My costume plans are all set, too - I'm basically just waiting to receive the last few items I ordered. I even made a half-assed collage of what I'll be wearing...


Last but not least, my new obsession is this basketball anime called Kuroko no Basuke. I have my friends Ashley, Keith, and Brian to thank for this mess. I honestly never thought I would love an anime this much, especially one about basketball considering I've never been a big basketball fan (well, minus the UConn women...go Huskies!) And yet here I am, soaking up BASUKESSS like there's no tomorrow...and even planning on cosplaying from it. So yup, clearly I'm hooked. There's no going back now.

I mean, how could this not peak your interest in BASUKESSSS? ;)

In the end, it's clear that this blog has fallen by the wayside and to be completely honest that may not change anytime soon. I've never really believed that absence makes the heart grow fonder, anyway...but I hope to pick things back up eventually. P.S. Anyone want to help me move this thing over to Wordpress? ;)
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment