Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Dragon Con is Coming...


Part of me wanted to wait until Dragon Con was exactly a month out to post this, but it's not as if I write in this blog very often, and my costume choices have long been decided. These days I'm just patiently awaiting the release of the schedule, crossing my fingers that I get to be a panelist again this year, and also hoping to participate in a few writing workshops depending on what happens with said schedule/panelist stuff ;)

I have to admit that I'm a bit nervous about this year. My first two Dragon Cons - 2012 and 2013 - were awesome...but sadly, I won't be seeing most of the people who made those first two years so great. And last year...well, last year's Dragon Con was something of a massive joke. And not a good one (for my own personal reasons, not any fault of the convention's, of course).

I could tell myself that this year certainly can't be worse than last year, and that's probably true...but instead I'm trying to focus on the positives - I'll be rooming with three awesome people, I'm part of several great costume groups, and I've got a bunch of friends attending who have never been before and can't wait to show them around :)

Also, I'm not being quite so adventurous with my costumes. Most of them are ones I've already worn before that need either no work or only very slight modifications; as for the new ones, well, most of them are mostly done at this point. To be honest I'd like to say that I'm ahead of the game, but I'm afraid that if I do, something will go wrong or I'll remember that I forgot something major. So instead I'll just share my Dragon Con costume schedule!

Clockwise from top left: Ellie Sattler (Jurassic Park), Kara Thrace/Starbuck (Battlestar Galactica), Midorima Shintarou (Kuroko no Basket), Katy Perry (Superbowl XLIX Half-Time Show), Roxy (bassist from The Misfits, Jem and the Holograms), Dee Reynolds ("Nightman Cometh", It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia), Katya Kazanova (Archer)
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment