Thursday, August 20, 2015

Fourteen Years? Say it isn't so...


I almost forgot that today was the fourteen-year anniversary of when I checked into my first Walt Disney World College Program.

Seriously, I had to sit there and think about it for several minutes. I knew it was coming up, but I honestly couldn't remember at first whether it was the 20th or the 22nd. I guess that's one hell of a sign that I'm getting old.

I mean, Lord knows I've changed (evolved?) in the looks department. (Can't necessarily say the same for my fashion sense...) Seriously though, look at these babies...

WDWCP Fall 2001 - My roommate Kim and I

Anyway, it just so happens that today was registration day for the #CPAlumni Homecoming Weekend in January...I figured it was fate, so I went ahead and signed up :) I mean hey, there's a chance I may be [temporarily?] living in the Orlando area at that point anyway - and even if I'm not, it's a good excuse to visit.

This also means that it was four years ago when we had our crazy 10-year reunion...and wow, a lot has changed even since then.

My last trip to Disney, December 2013

Sometimes it feels like everything with the College Program was just a dream. Honestly the only way to be sure that it wasn't is to keep in touch with some of the friends I met...though I have so many post-WDWCP memories with most of them that even that is hard, sometimes. Shoot, I haven't even visited Disney in nearly two years - the longest ever since I went about a year between trips while I was still in college (2003-2004). Yeah, I'm not counting a brief visit to Orlando for work earlier this year, and another for a convention in March 2014, mostly because I didn't step foot at Disney World those times. Most days I don't even miss it, but then, I've had at least two dreams about it lately, so maybe it's past time I went back ;)

It is, after all, the only place other than Greenville that's ever truly felt like home...even if it only felt like that for short periods of time. Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment