Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Where has all of my writing gone?

I have to be honest, it's almost gotten to the point where I'm so immersed in The Geekiary that the chances of me ever finding time to update this blog regularly are flying out the window ;)

Of course I'm also immersed in Dragon Con prep at the moment. But hey, at least I'm mostly packed and only have some minor costume stuff to finish (on just one costume, too! go me, right? ha).

Packing costumes by day = Lots of bags, but smart, right?
(Cat not included.)
Anyway, like I said, I'm writing quite a bit, it's just all over at The Geekiary. I finished up my Game of Thrones vs. Song of Ice & Fire series after season five ended, and that's all I had in me when it came to writing about GoT for a while...unless you count my little recap of the third annual Ice & Fire Con, of course.

Not that I had much time to write (or even much to write about) in June and the first part of July - I reviewed Jurassic World, of course, but then I was busy traveling anyway! (Which reminds me...I still need to finish posting about my Hawaii experience. Oops.)

Thankfully San Diego Comic-Con provided me with plenty of fodder, as I had the chance to take part in several press roundtables (Steven Universe, Rick & Morty, The Last Ship, and Lucifer) and to attend the NerdHQ Bad-Ass Women panel, as well. That said, as cool as all the press stuff was, it all paled in comparison to the "Spotlight on Allie Brosh" on Saturday of SDCC. And that day was topped off with my being a panelist on an ASOIAF/GoT fan panel, which was also a ton of fun :)

The thing is, I'm even behind on things I kind of need to write for The Geekiary...I may have gotten my recommendation for Kuroko no Basket out of the way, but I still need to drum up the time (and willpower) to write recs for Soul Eater and Polar Bear's Cafe. Instead, I spent many hours putting together my definitive Dragon Con Survival Guide, and was also rewarded with the chance to review the Norman Reedus/Djimon Hounsou flick AIR...and to interview Djimon himself! Yeah yeah yeah it was only over the phone but let me tell you, it took me a while to come down from that high.

At this rate I'll have plenty of Geekiary coverage after Dragon Con as well, but hey, maybe I'll try to continue my ASOIAF re-read once things slow down for me?

(Who am I kidding, things never slow down for me. Ah well...I'm not sure I'd have it any other way!) Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment