Sunday, December 27, 2015

Oops, I did it again

It's been over a month since my last blog entry and I don't have any good excuses for not posting. Yes, I've been busy from time to time, but the honest truth is that lately I've been battling with an upswing in depressive episodes and anxiety bordering on panic. I know enough to understand that this is due to the fact that I keep rehashing where I was personally during last year's holiday season, and I've finally started trying a few new things in hopes of digging myself out of this rut, so I've got my fingers crossed that I'm taking some steps in the right direction.

I haven't been completely remiss with my writing, though - I participated in NaNoWriMo again this year, but unlike last year, I actually won! Just barely, and to be honest I'm not sure what I wrote is really anything I would be able to publish, but I did it, and I'm proud of that, at least :)


I also recently became the Loot Crate correspondent for The Geekiary, and I've really been enjoying doing the unboxing videos for that. I have several friends who subscribe to Loot Crate and they've received some really awesome things in the past, things that admittedly made me a little bit jealous, and now I get to open my own Loot Crates and be surprised by the random cool things they send. (This isn't even a sales pitch. I got the Star Wars Level Up Loot Crate one two days before Christmas and it literally made my week.)



I also accepted a position as a Staff Writer for the Fansided website Wizards and Whatnot, which is dedicated to all things Harry Potter and J.K. Rowling. Since the HP fandom has been exploding back onto the scene (thanks to the Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them movie and the Harry Potter and the Cursed Child play coming out next year) I'm really happy to be part of this website pretty much right at its inception. I just wish I'd had time to write more articles for them so far...but you know, holidays. And the other stuff I mentioned. ::sigh:: I did get to write an article about the Hufflepuff play being put on in NYC right now (though sadly I didn't actually get to see said play), and I've got another Hufflepuff article coming out soon, so you know, at least I'm repping my house!

And most importantly...there was new Star Wars! And I saw it (twice, so far)! And it was awesome! I've basically had an entirely Star Wars fueled month at this point, to be honest...most of my birthday gifts were Star Wars themed, I did a Machete Order rewatch of the movies the week before Episode VII was released, and of course I wrote and talked about it. A lot. I wrote about what Star Wars means to me, wrote the Geekiary's review for The Force Awakens after I saw it, and then talked about it on a special episode of our webcast for over an hour. And to round out the month, a good portion of my Christmas presents were Star Wars items as well ;)


The thing is, it's a beautiful time to be alive, and far too often I forget that. But I'm trying to remind myself. I'm putting one foot in front of the other, I'm going to get through the end of this year, and I'm going to hope that 2016 improves on 2015 more than 2015 did on 2014. Pin It

1 comment: